Why limit Valentine’s Day to only one day when you can turn it into a weekend getaway with that special someone.
Need some suggestions on where to go? Check out these special and packages available throughout the south.
(photo credit: Happy Valentine's Day, flickr, creative commons by Muffet)
- Enjoy celebrating Valentine’s Day weekend along Florida’s Gulf Coast with Sterling Resorts’ Valentine’s package. Featuring a special rate, the package also includes a bottle of champagne, gourmet chocolate truffles, special spa discount at Massage Envy and a late check out. The package is available at Sterling Sands, Sterling Shores and Majestic Suns in Destin; and Sterling Breeze and Splash in Panama City Beach.
- Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar Dallas invites you and your significant other to “Get Your Veuve On” this February. The package, good for stays through February 28, includes a special rate per night along with a chilled bottle of Veuve Clicquat champagne and Ghiraidelli chocolates at turndown. And be sure to “aim for the heart with Cupid’s dart” at check-in. Hit the Cupid’s heart-shaped bull’s eye to win an upgrade, complimentary parking or other amenities.
- “Hearts on Fire” Valentine’s package at Trade Winds Island Grand in St. Pete Beach, Fla., features two-night accommodations, a bottle of champagne with two TradeWinds champagne flute glasses, and three course dinner for two at Bermudas Steak & Seafood. In addition, there’s a couples-only bonfire Saturday night complete with S’mores and sriracha-infused marshmallows.
- Hilton Sandestin (Fla.) Beach Golf Resort & Spa has two packages for the month of February. The Romantic Rendezvous package, good February 14-17, includes upgraded beach view accommodations, spot for two at the Hilton’s Beach Bonfire on February 15, Hilton Sandestin Beach blanket and more. There is also a $100 dining credit that can be used at Seagar's Prime Steaks and Seafood, Sandcastles Restaurant, Hadashi Sushi Bar, The Coffee Shop or in-room dining. The Love Like a Local package is available month-long. It features upgraded beach-view accommodations, daily breakfast for two, a VIP shopping back for Silver Sands Premium Outlets, and other amenities.
- Find romance along the Mississippi Gulf Coast with various packages. Residence Inn by Marriott (228-867-1722) in Gulfport, Miss., is offering the “Special Suite Heart” package which includes a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates. At the Almanett Hotel & Bistro (228-865-9901) in Gulfport, Miss., chose among a queen, king master suite or king cottage. Additional amenities include a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries. Special is good February 9-16. During February 13 -15 at Treasure Bay Casino Resort in Biloxi, Miss., their special features a bottle of wine, chocolate-covered strawberries prepared to order, $150 credit in CQ (the casino’s fine dining restaurant) and late check-out. Super 8 Hotel & Suites (228-385-7919) in Biloxi, Miss., is offering a two-night stay, February 14-15 that includes their Superstart Breakfast.
- Find romance at Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa in Birmingham, Ala. Their package includes a deluxe room either with one king bed or two queen beds, champagne & truffles delivered on arrival night, and breakfast for two in Brock’s. When booking, use code LUV.
- Landsdowne Resort in Leesburg, Va., has five different romance packages for February. Here is a quick look at the first three. “It’s Date Night” includes deluxe overnight accommodations, s’mores kit to use at the fire pit, bottle of champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries and more. The “Lover’s Holiday at Landsdowne” features deluxe accommodations, admission for two for the Truffles Making Class (February 15), daily breakfast for two at Riverside Hearth and other amenities. “For the Love of Spa” includes a $100 dining credit per stay as well as $200 spa credit per stay. In addition, the package also offers complimentary round of drinks a Stonewalls Tavern, breakfast for two at Riverside Hearth, and more.
- Located in Wesley Chapel, Fla., Saddlebrook Valentine’s Sweetheart package features numerous amenities like a bottle of champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries and continental breakfast in bed for two. The package also includes Saturday wine & cheese tasting and much more. The package is available February 14-16.
- Omni La Mansion del Rio is offering two romance packages. The “Amor del Rio Romance” package features overnight accommodations, four handmade chocolate truffles, full American breakfast for two private or at Las Canarias. “Retreat to Romance” package includes a $100 cuisine and cocktail credit, romantic turndown service with robes, music, lighting; and more.
- Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island’s Romance package includes champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries upon arrival, breakfast for two each morning, evening turndown service and more.
- Cooper’s Landing Inn in Clarksville, Va., proclaims it’s for Lovers. The property’s month-long package features two nights accommodation, red roses in room, one 1-hour massage, two candlelight breakfasts and more.
- Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa in Muscle Shoals, Ala., has a romance package that includes a deluxe room with one king bed or two queen beds, bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries delivered on night of arrival, and breakfast for two in Swamper’s. When booking, use code ROM.
- The “Over the Dune, Over the Moon Be My Valentine” package at Wild Dunes Resort in Isle of Palms, S.C., features overnight accommodations in a Village of Wild Dunes studio, couples’ warm seashell massage, Bubbles & Bliss champagne and chocolate covered strawberries amenity, and more.