Celebrating Valentine's Day in Panama City Beach, Fla.
Perhaps there isn't a more romantic setting than the beach for Valentine's Day.
So why not treat your significant other to a Valentine's Day weekend getaway to Panama City Beach, Fla. Offering sun, fun and 27-miles of white sandy beaches, it's a destination that is sure to create a memorable weekend.
Need some ideas to round-out the weekend? Check out these seven suggestions that you can add to your Valentine's Day weekend itinerary.
- Sample a wine slushy at SeaBreeze Winery or cool freeze at Panama City Beach Winery
- Explore either St. Andrews State Park or Camp Helen State Park, or both.
- Shop, dine or stroll along Pier Park. For some added fun, take in the view of the Gulf from top of the Ferris wheel at Miracle Strip at Pier Park.
- Attend the Strawberry Festival, February 12-13, at Pier Park Amphitheater. $10 per person.
- Take in a performance by The Diamonds on February 12 at Gulf World Marine Park. $20 per person in advance, $25 per person at the door.
- Enjoy a romantic meal at such places as Firefly, Pompano's, Captain Anderson's or Boar's Head Restaurant & Tavern.
- See the beach from different perspective when you take a helicopter tour with Panhandle Helicopter
Do you know what's truly romantic? Saving money. Really "sweeten" Valentine's Day weekend by taking advantage of any of these packages.
- It's a "Shore Thing Romance" package at Shores of Panama. The package includes two-night accommodations, special Friday night beach bonfire, couples' massage, $50 gift card for dinner at either Boatyard or Schooners, and more. Rates begin at $199. Book by phone or online. When booking online, use rate plan: "ROMA – Romance Package" and the market code as "Romance Pkg."
- Origin at Seahaven, one of the three resorts of the Towne of Seahaven, has a Valentine's Day weekend special. It includes one-night accommodations in a Gulf-view condo, two tickets to "The Diamonds" show and dinner for two at Sharky's Beachfront Restaurant. Rates state at $129 per night.
- The "Winter Romance" package at Bay Point Marriott Golf Resort & Spa features champagne and strawberries upon arrival, dinner for two at Kingfish, breakfast buffet or room service for two, and more. Rates begin at $199 per night. When booking online, use code LVU.
- Boardwalk Beach Resort's Valentine's Day Romance package comes with their signature accommodations with a floor of scattered rose petals, bottle of champagne with keepsake glasses and more. Also when you make the reservation, you're automatically entered to win a dinner for two at Captain Anderson's. Reservation must be made by February 9. Rates start at $109 per night.
- For a rate of $270, couples can spend the weekend at either LaQuinta (850/832-3133),
- Sleep Inn (850/249-1501), or the Fountainbleau (850/234-6581). Amenities include chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of wine with two keepsake glasses. When booking at any of the three hotels, be sure to request the romantic package.
- Sterling Resorts is offering a Valentine's Day weekend package that includes chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne upon arrival, late check-out and more. Rates start at $139 per night (one-bedroom condo unit) with a minimum of a two-night stay. When booking, use promo code 143.