One of the world’s greatest golf destinations just keeps getting better and it's list of enhancements makes it the perfect golf spot and an SHM real deal.
Hilton Head Golf Island (HHGI) – a collection of 31 of the Lowcountry’s premier golf courses – will shine this spring following a series of enhancements to its courses and resort amenities.
Ranked in the top 10 in seven categories by Golf Digest including “Best Courses” and “Best Weather,” Hilton Head is the ideal place for golfers to kick-off the spring season. This year’s additions to various resorts include:
- The Sea Pines Resort -- The results of its $55 million capital investment project include the new 26,000 square-foot Harbour Town Clubhouse opening in March, and recently completed Sea Pines Beach Club and Plantation Golf Club. This summer, Harbour Town Golf Links, home of the PGA TOUR’s RBC Heritage, will be re-grassed and a state-of-the-art irrigation system will be installed. In October, Love Golf Design, the course architecture firm founded and headed by PGA TOUR star Davis Love III and his brother Mark, will begin a complete renovation its historic Ocean Course.
- Palmetto Dunes -- New golf bikes – equipped with golf bags flanking the rear tires -- will arrive in March. Experience the Visage GPS system at the famed Robert Trent Jones course. USB ports for charging mobile devices have also been installed in the new golf carts at the Arthur Hills course.
- The Heritage Golf Collection -- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and the Sonesta Resort each recently received $30 million in renovations. The two upscale beachfront resorts are top hotel choices for guests who enjoy playing at the seven Heritage Golf Collection courses on Hilton Head Island. A re-grassing project at the Robert Cupp course at Palmetto Hall Plantation Club was also completed in September 2014.
Previews of the new enhancements, golf package getaways and representatives from Hilton Head Golf Island will be available at the following golf shows:
- Toronto Star Golf & Travel Show, Feb. 20 – 22 at International Centre
- Cleveland Golf Show, Feb. 20 – 22 at IX Center
- Chicago Golf Show, Feb. 27 - March 1 at Stephens Convention Center
- Boston National Golf Expo, Feb. 27 - March 1 at Seaport World Trade Center
- Michigan Golf Show, March 6 – 8 at the Suburban Collection Showplace
- Pittsburgh Golf Show, March 13 - 15, 2015 at Monroeville Convention Center